Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stir-Fry Chinese Cabbage with Carrots


I was so glad when I noticed the variety of Asian vegetables sold in the supermarkets in Townsville. Chinese celery cabbage (also known as ‘wombok’ in Australia), Chinese white cabbage (also known as bok choy or bai cai), Chinese flowering cabbage (also known as choy sum or cai xin), water spinach (also known as kangkong) and bean sprouts etc. can be easily purchased in the supermarkets here. I was pleased with the wide selection of fresh Asian produce here because this meant that I would get to use these vegetables in my cooking.

Chinese celery cabbage is one of my favourite vegetables. They are sweet and mild-flavoured and taste fabulous in stir-frys or in soups. Simply add some ginger and garlic and stir-fry the cabbage with some carrots. They make a quick and easy-to-prepare dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment